Tuesday, August 20, 2013

August Blues

I don't know why I get a little sad at this time of year, but I always do. It's kind of silly because I think August, September & October are my favorite months. Except for May, when all the birds are nesting. Oh, and December, when it really snows for the first time! But summer has the dirtiest months. The windows are open, so dust & pollen get all over everything. You're always dragging in grass & dirt on your boots from the garden. The kids are running in and out, with God knows what on their feet. And the wet bathing suits dripping all over the place! The dogs shed a little more and there is an endless stream of company, making incredible amounts of laundry. Which must be hung on the line, because I can. Then there's the canning and pickling. Pots of boiling water, jars everywhere, the kitchen never seems to get clean, or stay clean.
                                                      But you can't beat those sunsets on the deck, hanging out with the kids and the dogs and now the grandchildren.
 I guess I just don't want it to end. 

No comments: